How do I work out the right amount of EDTA for a beginner detox protocol?
Posted by fasted_scientist in Beginner Questions - 1 points, 0 comments.
5‑3g IV over a few hours. I’m totally new to this and trying to figure out how to measure that if I have the powder. If I reconstitute, say, 5g of EDTA disodium salt in 10ml of bacteriostatic water, that gives me 500mg/ml.
To hit a 2g dose I’d need 4ml, right? Does that sound correct or am I missing something about the volume needed for a safe IV push? I’ve only ever done subcutaneous peptides before, so the IV step feels a bit intimidating.
5ml test shot once and felt a bit of headache and fatigue afterward, which could just be placebo or my body reacting to the chelation. I’d really appreciate any beginner‑friendly walkthrough of the maths and safety checks, especially around checking calcium levels or hydration. Thanks for any tips.
Community discussion - research and educational context only. Not medical advice.