ResearchSafe

Shifting focus to amylin combos and sustainability

Posted by restlessemma in Weight Loss & Metabolic - 2 points, 0 comments.

https://www.drugdiscoverynews.com/lilly-s-amylin-combo-raises-the-bar-and-the-stakes-for-obesity-drug-developers-17564

This article discusses how Lilly is moving toward amylin combinations to move the goalposts for weight loss drugs. It suggests the industry is shifting away from just hitting a peak number on the scale and focusing more on long term maintenance.

I think this is a beauty of a pivot, imo. My own experience with GLP-1s has been great for the initial drop, but the fear of the rebound is always there. I have been tracking my HRV and fasting glucose closely, and it seems like the metabolic adaptation is the real boss fight. Just hitting a low weight is easy if you give it enough time and the right dose, but keeping the metabolic rate from crashing is where the real science needs to be.

Do you think adding an amylin agonist will actually stop the plateau effect, or is that just more marketing hype for the next big release? I would love to see some actual data on lean mass preservation with these combos...

Community discussion - research and educational context only. Not medical advice.