Senolytics and the shift toward precision reprogramming
Posted by optimizer_jenna in Longevity & Anti-Aging - 1 points, 0 comments.
https://lemana.com/senolytics-therapy-effective
I found this paper in npj Aging that discusses how we are moving from broad senolytics, like Dasatinib and Quercetin, toward more precise reprogramming. It basically looks at how the first generation of these compounds worked and where the new research is heading.
To be honest, I am still quite skeptical about the broad approach. The idea of just clearing out zombie cells sounds good on paper, but it feels too blunt. I worry that we might accidentally remove cells that are actually helpful for tissue repair. Since I am very cautious with my own protocol, I prefer the idea of precision targeting. It seems more logical to actually fix the cell rather than just killing it.
Do you think the precision approach will actually be accessible to us in a reasonable time, or will it stay in the lab for another decade? I would love to see some more human data before I even consider trying a senolytic cycle, tbh.
Community discussion - research and educational context only. Not medical advice.