FDA panel backs compounding six peptides – what it means for us
Posted by student748 in Research & News - 2 points, 0 comments.
https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/ckg4741vklko
The Medscape piece reports that an FDA expert panel voted to allow compounding pharmacies to make six specific peptides, including BPC-157 and TB-500, after previously flagging them as problematic. It notes the vote was narrow and highlights that the panel includes members who have publicly supported peptides promoted by RFK Jr.
For what it is worth I see both sides. On one hand easier access could help people like me who rely on peptides for recovery and want consistent quality without the gray‑market hassle. On the other hand compounding introduces variability – I’ve seen batch differences affect my fasting glucose and water retention before, and I worry about contaminants when oversight is lax. My own routine stays with third‑tested research grade and regular bloodwork, but I know many in our community don’t have that luxury.
Should we be pushing for mandatory third‑party testing of compounded peptides, or is it safer to stick to verified research suppliers only? What’s your take on balancing access with safety?
Community discussion - research and educational context only. Not medical advice.