Tesamorelin and VAT reduction, but is it actually better?
Posted by fasted_scientist in GH & Growth Peptides - 2 points, 0 comments.
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S1871403X26000025
I found this meta-analysis on ScienceDirect that looks at how tesamorelin affects visceral abdominal fat (VAT) and liver fat. It basically argues that using a GHRH analogue is more physiological because it keeps the GH pulses natural.
Ngl, I reckon people hype tesamorelin too much for general fat loss. This study focuses on HIV-associated lipodystrophy, which is a very specific condition. It is a bit of a stretch to assume the same results happen for a healthy person just trying to get lean. In my own experience, it seemed a bit overpriced for what it actually does compared to a basic CJC and Ipamorelin stack. It might be spot on for stubborn belly fat, but I am not convinced it is a miracle.
Do you lot think the price jump for tesamorelin is actually worth it for the VAT reduction, or are we just paying for the brand name?
Community discussion - research and educational context only. Not medical advice.