Noticed lipid changes on low-dose oxandrolone, anyone else?
Posted by practicaldita in Safety & Side Effects - 3 points, 0 comments.
I tried a short run of oxandrolone (10 mg split twice daily) for about six weeks mainly to see if it would help with lean mass while I was cutting. I got bloodwork before and after. My HDL dropped from 55 to 42 mg/dL and triglycerides crept up from 90 to 115 mg/dL.
LDL didn’t shift much. I felt fine otherwise – no liver symptoms, no mood changes, no skin issues. After stopping the compound and adding a bit more cardio plus fish oil, my lipids bounced back to baseline within four weeks.
It was a good reminder that even “mild” steroids can move the numbers. I’d love to hear if others have seen similar shifts on low doses and what they did to mitigate it. Basic lesson for me: check lipids before and after any hormonal tweak, don’t just rely on how you feel.
Community discussion - research and educational context only. Not medical advice.