ResearchSafe

Thinking about switching to CagriSema for my plateau

Posted by restlessemma in Weight Loss & Metabolic - 2 points, 0 comments.

I have been on semaglutide for a few months now and the weight loss was pretty steady at first, but I have definitely hit a wall lately. My scale has barely moved in three weeks and my appetite is starting to creep back up, especially in the evenings... It is a bit frustrating imo.

I have been reading up on CagriSema and how the addition of cagrilintide targets those amylin satiety centers to complement the GLP-1 side of things. The idea of dual-pathway activation sounds like it could be exactly what I need to break through this plateau, but I am a bit nervous about the side effect profile.

I already deal with some mild nausea on my current dose, so I am wondering if adding an amylin analog is going to make the GI issues way worse. Has anyone here actually made the jump from semaglutide monotherapy to CagriSema? I would love to know if the appetite suppression felt significantly more robust or if it was just a marginal difference for you... Also any info on how the nausea compared would be beauty...

Community discussion - research and educational context only. Not medical advice.