Dulaglutide’s latest cardiovascular data – what it means for off‑label use
Posted by restlessemma in Research & News - 1 points, 0 comments.
I came across a recent write‑up on the REWIND trial follow‑up that looked at dulaglutide’s impact on major adverse cardiac events in people with type 2 diabetes but without prior cardiovascular disease. The article highlighted a continued reduction in events over the median 5‑year follow‑up, which lines up with the 3‑5% weight loss range noted in the compound’s profile. For me the interesting bit is how the once‑weekly dosing seems to support adherence in real‑world settings, something I’ve seen with patients who struggle with daily injections.
I wonder if the cardiovascular benefit holds up in folks using it purely for weight management at lower doses, or if we’d need a separate trial to see that. Has anyone here tracked blood pressure or lipid changes while experimenting with dulaglutide off‑label? I’d love to hear what markers you’ve watched and whether the trend matches the trial data. Let’s chat.
Community discussion - research and educational context only. Not medical advice.