ResearchSafe

Trying Acarbose with meals to smooth glucose spikes early notes

Posted by restlessemma in Weight Loss & Metabolic - 2 points, 0 comments.

I’ve been experimenting with Acarbose alongside my regular meals for the past three weeks to see if flattening those post‑meal glucose spikes helps with steady energy and maybe a bit of fat loss. I take 50 mg right before I eat anything with carbs – usually breakfast and lunch. I’ve been logging my fasting glucose each morning and noting how I feel after eating.

The numbers show a smaller rise after meals, maybe 1‑2 mmol/L lower than before, and I don’t get that mid‑afternoon slump as hard. I haven’t seen a big drop on the scale yet, but my waist measurement feels a tad tighter after meals, which suggests less bloating. GI side effects have been mild – a bit more gas than usual, nothing that stops me from going about my day.

I’m planning to keep tracking for another month and maybe up the dose to 75 mg if tolerated. Has anyone else tried this and noticed changes in appetite or cravings? Curious to hear your experiences....

Community discussion - research and educational context only. Not medical advice.