Trying amlexanox alongside semaglutide, first 2 weeks and what I noticed
Posted by restlessemma in Weight Loss & Metabolic - 2 points, 0 comments.
I’ve been on a slow semaglutide titration for about six weeks now, currently at 0.5 mg once weekly. My appetite is down but I still hit a plateau around the 1.5 kg loss mark, so I decided to add a low dose of amlexanox to see if it could kick up energy expenditure a bit. I’m taking 25 mg three times a day with meals, which is the low end of the typical research range. I’m not claiming any effect, just logging what I felt.
First few days I noticed a mild warm feeling after lunch, almost like a slight increase in basal temperature. My resting HRV, which I track nightly, stayed within its usual band – no big jump or drop. Sleep quality didn’t change, and I didn’t get any GI upset beyond the usual semaglutide‑related nausea that’s already tapering.
On the scale, I’ve seen another 0.4 kg drop over the past week, but that could just be water fluctuation or continued semaglutide effect. I’ll keep logging for another couple of weeks and check fasting glucose and lipids before deciding whether to bump the amlexanox dose. Anyone else tried this combo? Curious if you saw a noticeable shift in appetite or energy. Just my own experience, eh.
Community discussion - research and educational context only. Not medical advice.